Dr. Yevgenya Jenny Paturyan specializes and has interest in the sphere of civil society, political culture, volunteering, democratization of post-communist countries, research methodology and corruption. She received her PhD in Political Science from Jacobs University Bremen. Prior to joining AUA, she worked at Eurasia Partnership foundation and at Caucasus Research Resource Centers – Armenia. She is the team leader of a four-year research project about Armenian civil society and has authored publications in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Jenny Paturyan is an AUA PSIA alumna.
Yevgenya Jenny Paturyan, Assistant Professor
PhD, Jacobs University Bremen
137W, Paramaz Avedisian Building
(+374 60) 61 26 75
Varies depending on teaching schedule. Also by appointment
Areas of research and teaching specialization
Democracy and Democratization, Civil Society, Corruption, Research Methodology
Courses currently taught
- PSIA344 Public Policy Analysis
- PSIA384 Civil Society and Social Capital
- PSIA310 Comparative Politics
- PSIA101 Introduction to Political Science
- “Armenian Civil Society after 20 Years of Transition: Still Post-Communist?”
- “Civic Activism as a Novel Component of Armenian Civil Society: New Energy and Tensions”
- Paturyan, Yevgenya. 2015. “Armenian Civil Society: It is Not All About NGOs.” Caucasus Analytical Digest 73: 2-5.
- Paturyan, Yevgenya, Valentina Gevorgyan, and Mariam Matevosyan. 2014. “Is ‘Googling’ a Technique? What the Internet Can Tell Us about the Non-Governmental Sector in Armenia.” Haigazian Armenological Review 34 (July): 257–67.
- Paturyan, Yevgenya, and Valentina Gevorgyan. 2014. “Trust towards NGOs and Volunteering in South Caucasus: Civil Society Moving Away from Post-Communism?” Southeast European and Black Sea Studies 14 (2): 239-62.
- Paturyan, Yevgenya. 2011. “(Dis)Trusting People and Political Institutions in Armenia.” Caucasus Analytical Digest 31: 6-10.
- Paturyan, Yevgenya. 2011. Civil Society and Democracy: Disentangling Mutual Influences. VDM Verlag Dr. Müller: Saarbrücken.
- Paturyan Yevgenya and Jrbashyan Nairuhi. 2011. “Perceptions of Corruption in Armenia: Growing Disappointment and Detachment?” In Adam Hug (ed) Spotlight on Armenia. London: The Foreign Policy Centre. Pp 29-35.