Each MPSIA student must complete one of the following capstone projects:
- PSIA392 Master’s Essay
- PSIA395 Master’s Thesis
The goals of the capstone project are to provide students with the opportunity to reflect on their learning throughout their studies and contribute to knowledge in their area of interest. The maximum length of the capstone essay is 10,000 words, excluding bibliography. For the thesis it is 25,000 words.
Students are required to present their research findings from their capstone project in an open forum in mid-late April attended by faculty and students, who give feedback. Guidelines for presentations:
- Presentations should be a maximum of 10 minutes long, plus 5 minutes for questions and discussion from the audience.
- Students may use Power Point slides if they wish (or some other visual aid).
- Briefly introduce research question and/ or hypotheses, or explain internship project.
- Explain how you have answered these questions/ hypotheses, or what you learnt during internship.
- Summarize conclusion.
Faculty and other students will give feedback and then students have a few weeks to finish writing their essays or papers.
The capstone is to be submitted by the final day of classes of the semester. Students must submit it both in hard copy and electronic copy:
- Two hard copies to be submitted to PSIA administrator (one for the department library, the other for the examiner).
- Electronic copy to be submitted through Turnitin on Moodle. A Moodle page will be created for submission
Grading – capstones are read and graded by the supervisor and one other faculty member. The two come to agreement on final grade by consensus. Second examiner will not be involved with the project prior to grading. Grades submission: all grades will be submitted by the same date of submission of course grades.